Immediate Opening for a Full-Time Maintenance Manager in Surrey and North Vancouver area. If you are friendly, experienced, and have an all-around knowledge about maintenance, repair and cleaning, a rewarding career awaits you!
Would you like to work for one of the largest and fastest growing fitness centers in North America? Planet Fitness is rapidly growing in the Greater Vancouver area, and we need you to help build and lead a team of technicians to keep our facilities clean, safe and looking great!
- A car allowance, company cell phone, full benefits, flexible hours and an expense account are some of the many perks!
- This is a growth role: as we grow in Greater Vancouver, you will build, develop and lead a team to cover all of our facilities. This is the ground floor!
- This is a hands-on role: from regular maintenance, routine and deep cleaning, repairs, upgrades, coordinating with outside services and contractors, there is no job too big or too small to help deliver the best possible member experience.
- This is a development role: you will work with our maintenance, operations and construction leaders to participate in certifications, training, leadership and other personal developmental opportunities.
Our Mission: Our mission is simple. We feel a social responsibility to enable all people to enhance their lives through an affordable, high-value, non-intimidating, Judgement Free Zone®. We commit to connecting with each community we serve on a grassroots level by joining our communities with local involvement of our time and financial resources.
We offer a Culture of Personal and Professional Development: We believe that leadership can begin developing at any level within our organization. We encourage our employees to actively participate in their personal and professional development through our exclusive Training Development Program (TDP) and we live by five specific (5) core values: Excellence, Trust, Passion, Growth and Balance.
This position will be responsible for our three clubs in Surrey and North Vancouver, and all future clubs as we continue to expand. This is a full-time position with benefits including Health and Dental Insurance, RSP Program, Life Insurance and a Planet Fitness Black Card Membership.
The day-to-day requirements will vary widely, but generally the candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Preventative facility maintenance and cleaning duties.
- Preventative maintenance and cleaning of cardio and strength equipment.
- Preventative maintenance and cleaning of tanning and massage equipment.
- Successfully completing building repairs as outlined by supervisor.
- Assist other maintenance personnel, contractors and service providers as needed.
- Coordinating workflow with club managers and operations team.
- Report to supervisor on a daily basis and update the status on progress and obstacles.
- Basic cleaning experience, including floor scrubbers, power washers, etc.
- Good working knowledge of electrical, carpentry and plumbing trades and other technical skills.
- Good working knowledge of drywall patch work, painting and caulking skills.
- Exhibit good mechanical skills to handle equipment in an operational environment.
- Good working knowledge of troubleshooting techniques in order to determine equipment issues and resolve them accordingly.
- Ability to work autonomously as required and manage time to ensure all requirements are completed accurately.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize computer related work orders.
- Proven ability to communicate system and equipment issues to internal teams and management.
- Good customer service skills and a highly effective communicator.
- Responsible and a self-starter.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with fellow employees, club members and others.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, city, Provincial and federal guidelines.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Must have a high school qualification or equivalent.
- Must consent to and pass a criminal background check.
- Must be eligible to travel to the US.
- Must have reliable transportation.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 1,800 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.